Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Simple pleasures

One of the joys of being home is being able to cook my favorite foods:


A grilled cheese sandwich made with Tillamook sharp cheddar and Bob's Red Mill gluten free bread.



A simple tostada.

I could make these in Switzerland, but they were both a huge hassle, requiring several extra shopping trips across town to assemble all the ingredients or their closest Swiss imitator. It's nice to be able to get everything I need at my local grocery store and cook it in my enormous cast iron skillet on a gas stove.


Based on the robocalls to my new phone number (when did robocalls get invented?? I don't remember them at all), the number wasn't out of service for long enough. The previous owner of this number was apparently a diabetic who owned both a car and a house and also had a huge amount of unsecured debt that needs consolidating. It's like reconstructing someone's life from their garbage or grocery list!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home