Saturday, January 19, 2008

fofofofofofofo

Oh yes, after nearly 5 years of owning the yarn, 2 years of knitting with it, and the second sweater design, I am finally done with my dressup sweater!!! Thanks to Ali for the motivation!!!

And I've reached a new low in FO photography! Well, you get the idea--it fits! It's finished! Someday when I can round up a friend I'll try to get some better shots....


The toggles are reindeer antler which I bought in Svalbard this summer. Reindeer, like regular deer, shed their antlers each year, so don't go thinking bad thoughts about them toggles!



Here is a detail shot of the sleeve. I'm very happy with how these cables came out! They remind me of my wrist tattoo and I also realized they are a bit of a metaphor for how I normally tell stories:



I do still need to block it. I'm not a good blocker--I don't really know how to do it, nor do I have the space (250 square foot apartment). I'm wearing it to church tomorrow and I'll try to figure something out for blocking it. Suggestions very welcome!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

21:43  
Blogger Alison said...

Woohoo! Way to go!

I bet that feels so good to have done, and so good to be wearing it!

Happy knitting-
ali

21:45  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats!!! It looks great - you are so serious! :)

23:52  
Blogger Too Little Time said...

YEA!!! You did it - grate job and what a way to start off the new year!!

Blocking - you could wet, stretch out/pin to a towel, cover with 2nd towel and let it sit on the floor/table to dry - will take a couple of days flipping towels over occ to dry both sides. I have done this once, its not my fav technique (steam iron is my fav) but it does work.

Chat soon - nice to hear from you - K

20:44  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home