Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Neverendingsweater

Oh, I am totally inspired to finish my "church" sweater. I really want to wear it to church at least ONCE, which means I have to finish it this winter. That yarn has been on the needles well over 2 years in 2 different sweaters. I have the body, steek, button bands, and half the first sleeve done. It's really hard to take a photo of one's own arm!




I need to:

  • finish the first sleeve
  • knit the second sleeve
  • attach the sleeves
  • extend the shoulder bindoff since I left too many live stitches
  • pick up and knit the collar
  • neaten up the steek (mostly just trim the yarn ends)
  • merge the extra ribbing I had to add to the body after I unravelled more steek stitches than I had planned on (that was on purpose--when I cut the steek, I realized I had knit the sweater a bit small and the reshaping was easier when I removed a poorly-thought-out design element around the steek stitches)
  • put it on and be really proud!

Most of these are 1 sitting tasks except for the sleeves, which I guess are about 4 evenings total. Totally doable!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Go go go go go!

19:03  
Blogger Alison said...

Yay! You can do it!
happy knitting-
ali

20:44  
Blogger Too Little Time said...

I look forward to hearing about your progress (that doesn't look right but I'm too tired to figure it out :)) - Karrie

14:00  
Blogger ala.mazury said...

I cross my fingers you'll finish your church sweater:) The stitch looks very nice. happy knitting!

22:50  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home