Friday, November 30, 2007

ISE5

I got my ISE5 scarf!! Here is a shiny picture of the package--I was so eager to unwrap it that I couldn't take a better photo. I then didn't post for a couple days because my electricity went out from a fuse that blew itself while I was sleeping. It's harder to find fuses here than I thought--I got yelled at by one clerk in a store that didn't have them, finally found them in another store and the cashier wouldn't let me by them, possibly because I appeared a bit suspect because I was buying the store's entire stock of baking soda (which comes in pathetic little 50 g packets here--trying to make bath fizzies means a lot of packets), which irked the nosy neighbor behind me in line who asked me three times what I did I need so much baking soda for. I should have said cleaning, which I know the german word for. Instead I just kept saying I didn't know the word. Anyway, I finally found, and was able to buy, fuses at another store. Really, if my life was a movie, I wouldn't believe it, it's so absurd! Onto the goodness:




Here is the scarf--I love it!! I had requested something a bit longer, but I actually *love* the length of this. I'm such an automaton that I had requested exactly what I'd always knit for myself, and I tend to get stuck in ruts. That's what is so great about this scarf exchange--someone else makes something and of course the minute I put it on I love it, and it gets me out of the little box I sometimes get stuck in! The yarn is so soft and I love the colors! Plus it was all minty smelling from the other goodies--mmmmm! Thanks, Cecily!!!



And, yes, that IS the periodic table on my shower curtain. Partially hidden in the mirror by the poster of Geometric shapes with formulae for their areas and volumes....

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Cute scarf!

Only in little packets?! My goodness. I send people to CostCo to buy me the 10 lb bags of baking soda for kitty litter "conditioning."

14:43  
Blogger --elf-- said...

Ah, you feel my pain! It took me (no joke) an hour of searching the baking section to find them when I first moved here--I was unconsciously scanning for the yellow box, of course, but also just for something Big! 50g is basically single use in a recipe. It does mean it's awfully fresh!

14:50  
Blogger ginaknits said...

Ah, the Swiss and the Swiss penchant for making each task as complex as possible. I lived in Luzern for several months and worked at the Migros. My favorite Swiss market strategy was stocking the shelves during the busiest part of the day!

04:50  
Blogger Sez said...

Like the scarf!

Also like the blog. Great to see/read about your Swiss life.

00:01  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home