Thursday, November 15, 2007

help me use this yarn



This photo was for the Knitter's coffee swap, where we were composinng still life images. Artistic arrangement is not my strong point, but I figured this yarn is so gorgeous it could hold its own! My problem is that I love this yarn so much I am afraid to use it. My problems:

  • I'm not sure how much yardage I have. It's 120g. I need to go figure out the approximate diameter and guesstimate.
  • I don't know what to make. I think a shawl would be best to show off its gorgeousness, but that leads me back to the first point--I'm afraid to cast on because I don't know if I'll have enough.
  • The shop owner suggested I knit it with another strand since it's unspun, but I can't imagine how that will look and I'm afraid to swatch because I guess I can't frog unspun!!

Advice and words of encouragement always welcome!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

unspun yarn??? Then you will have to spin it before you are able to knit with it.
Or do you by "unspun" mean that it is a single yarn not a plyed yarn?

Greetings from Wallis (a southern region of Switzerland)
Helga
www.helgaswebstube.ch

11:07  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home