Sunday, November 04, 2007

scarves, cats, and shawls

I finished my ISE 5 scarf! It was fun to work with a totally new yarn that I would never buy for myself. I got kind of irritated with it by the end, though, because it was so hairy and shed like mad which not only covered me in pink fuzz but also cranked up my anxiety level as I was worried I'd have a bald scarf in the end. I am pleased with how it came out. Here it is before blocking:



I've never blocked before so hopefully I didn't just destroy this thing!!

As a reward I cast on a little kitty pi for my cat Frances, who is living with my folks, patiently waiting for me to return to the US. I'm using Reynold's Lopi and Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky. I love it!!! I also actually figured out a bit about washing machines so I can hopefully have a successful go at felting this time around. Last time I got lost because I assumed US 'hot wash' would just be the hottest setting here. Well, the hottest setting in cleanliness obsessed Switzerland (seriously, the toilet seats are all removable for quick cleaning) is 90C, nigh onto boiling! No wonder I destroyed a pair pf mittens. Turns out 'hot' in the US is like 50C (120F). OOPS!






And here's the latest on the Mystic Waters KAL, including my first ever lifeline (made of dental floss!). I love how this is coming out too. Can't remember the last time I was so happy with all my various knitting!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home