Thursday, May 01, 2008

where'd you meet?

There's a fun discussion thread over on Ravelry (registration required) about where people met their partner. Being the nerd that I am, I couldn't help but take notes as I read, allowing me to create this interesting plot (click for a larger version):



As I plan to jump back into the dating pool when I'm settled back in the US, I thought this was actually extremely helpful data points for myself!

Some elaborations:

random includes:
  • state fair
  • airplane
  • concert
  • street corner
  • literally bumping into a stranger
  • baseball game
  • commuter bus buddy
  • skating rink
  • testifying at court
  • restaurant
  • ???


IRL (in real life) "club" examples:
  • dining club
  • Toastmasters
  • church
  • SCA
  • AA
  • scuba class
  • dance class
  • climbing
  • skiing
  • parents at a kids activity
  • running group
  • knitting club
  • sports fan club
  • member of another local band
  • early music festival


Yes, I am a data taking nerd. I once collected data about outdoor temperature, wind speed, my furnace setting and indoor temperature in the hopes of understanding the relationship. My furnace just had 1 to 10 on the knob, no temperatures, and I was spending US$300 per month to heat a tiny (clearly leaky) cabin. Alas I was never able to grasp the relationship between the variables....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home